Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Attended Game Notes 6/20/2010

I had a chance to drive to Pittsburgh on Sunday to see the game. I must say I was not really impressed by what I saw. The Tribe did not deserve to win that game by the way they played and I am kind of glad we didn't. Jhonny looked awful at third base, again. For some reason our pitchers do not know how to make the throw to first base. On a bunt attempt, Justin Masterson picked up the ball and tried to throw it to first. His throw was so off line that Jason Donald caught the ball; he played second base that game. No one on the Pirates impressed me either; they were gift wrapped the game. McCutchen was not impressive and neither was Alvarez. Honestly, the only player that impressed me was Carlos Santana. Santana kept the game interesting by himself. He had all three RBI for the Indians with his homer and double. Once again, the part that impressed me most was his eye at the plate. In his first at bat, he got down 0-2 and worked his way back and eventually hit a home run. In the 5th, he worked the count to 3-1 and then found a pitch he liked and got a single. Even when he struck out in the 7th he worked the count. Santana is proving to everyone why he is going to be a star in this league and with this 3 hit performance, Carlos Santana is my player of the game.


1 comment: